DIRE, FARE E … GIOCARE CON IL DESIGN
SATURDAY 3rd AND11th OCTOBER 2015 IN VENICE
Campo del Ghetto Nuovo, Venezia
gallery ArteSpazioTempo www.artespaziotempo.it
What is design? How is design made? And…can we play with design?
This workshop, developed within the context of the Venice Design Week (Venice, 3rd – 11th October 2015), will bring children from 4 to 12 years closer to the world of design. Thanks to the presence of expert educators, children will give expression to their creativity and imagination and put them in practice using different techniques and materials: they will be involved in a real design lab, an occasion that will give them the possibility to live a practical experience and shape their own project.
The lab aims at developing their observation capacity, creativity and manual skills, and at the same time, at sensitizing them on the theme of recycling by using recovered material.
The workshop will be structured in 4 main phases:
- Children will get closer to the concept of design through funny games and activities aiming at enhancing their observation capacity.
- Children, followed by an educator, will acquire all the useful tools to understand design.
- Children will play the role of designers: following a specific theme and the educator’s advices, they will take part in a design lab. They will realize their own project, using in a creative way different materials, also recovered materials, such as paper, plastic, textile, cardboard, etc..
- In the end, children will have their own project, they will understand the meaning of realizing an object from the beginning, they will be sensitized on the importance of using recovered materials.
Our objective is also to bring this lab into schools in order to enable a high number of children to take part and enjoy this creative experience.
Participation to this lab is free and it will take place:
- Saturdary 3rd October, 2015, 14.30 – 17.30, in Venice
- Saturday 11th October, 2015, 14.30 – 17.30, in Venice
SIGN UP YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS CREATIVE EXPERIENCE, WRITING TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Eventbrite.com