The committee of experts has proclaimed winners the following designers:
- First prize – Carla Riccoboni designer and goldsmith researcher. Gets the first place thanks to her brooch “Materia”, made of silver interchangeable elements and other materials linked with a retractable mechanism. The panel were intrigued by the harmonious, elegant and pragmatic piece of work. The jewel through the contrast of shapes, colours and materials makes the observer a witness of the many lives that the brooch symbolise.
- Second prize – Eiko Nakahara jeweller. The main characteristic of her work “Sanguisorba” that left the mark on the panel, is the visual and material lightness. The careful handwork of the engravings on the silver sheet which is leaning towards the viewer has been greatly appreciated.
- Third prize – Renata Manganelli (Miré) sculptor. “VDJ-1” is not just a jewel but a silky, light, double-sided item. This mysterious piece of art captivated the committee with a geometrical construction where the mirrored observer becoms the observed. The jewel is part of the research on virus being done by the author.
The winners among the students are:
- Yoojung Kim, student, jeweller and artisan. “The image of my anxiety” is the attempt to depict the angst of the artist with a jewel, which has a translucent, squared off and cold texture. Yoojung decided to wear her anxiety to remind herself the struggles in the path for her dreams.
For the sixth edition of the contest, Venice Design Week has chosen partners that can kick-start in their Concept Stores the works of the winners. Special awards have been given out by a group of high-profile international galleries, here are the winners:
- Award CREATIVITY OGGETTI, Torino at Renata Manganelli “VDJ-1”, Claudia Steiner “moments of movements”, Bego Fuente “Faceted. We all have cracks”and Rita Martinez “Rêverie”;
- Award 16metriquadri contemporary jewelry, Udine at Laura Volpi “The Beauty and the Beast”;
- Award OHMYBLUE, Venice at Carla Riccoboni “Materia”;
- Award BINI Gallery, Melbourne at Carla Riccoboni “Materia” and Shiqi Li “Wall Adornment”;
- the international contemporary jewelry fair AUTOR decided to give the chance to Yael Friedman to exhibited in Autor fair.
For the section special award, Venice’s inSHOP exhibition throughout the Venice Design Week from the 12th to the 20th of October: